Wednesday, June 06, 2012

I Need Some Time off


You've probably noticed that I'm not posting as much as I used to and my posts aren't as regular as they used to be.

I've had very difficult few months for personal reasons I do not want to talk about online. For the most part, blogging has been a welcome distraction from my problems and something I enjoy and look forward to doing. But, for a couple of weeks now, I have been feeling like I have to post something – reading and writing reviews have become like chores I have to do, and this stresses me out.

I'm also in a bit of a reading slump. I haven't read anything in more than a week (not counting rereading).

So, I've been thinking about taking some time off for a while, and I think that time is now. It won't be a long break, just a week or two, three at the most. What this means for my blog is mainly that during this time, until I can get back into reading, there won't be any book reviews.

However, there will be occasional other posts. Book Nooks for sure, because I enjoy looking for nice places to read. And then I might post a Cat Diary or a discussion post or anything else I might get inspired to blog about.

Also, I've been catching up on some films (I hope I'll go see Prometheus this weekend) and TV shows. So, if I get a sudden surge of inspiration and/or will power for writing a film/TV review, I'll post it.

Of course, I'll be reading your reviews and other posts, and comment when I can, because I still enjoy that a lot.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know the reason for the lack of book reviews in the next couple of weeks and assure you that I am not going to stop blogging. I just need a short vacation from reviewing.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand, and I hope that some time away from reviewing does the trick!

    I hope whatever's been going tough in your personal life gets easier and I'm definitely sending good wishes and happy thoughts your way! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!