Monday, June 25, 2012

Liebster Award

 

liebster-award


I'm honoured to have been tagged by Jenese from Readers Confession with the Liebster Award. Thank you, Jenese!

So, even though I'm still on (reviewing) hiatus (update on that later this week), you know I can't resist a good set of questions that needs to be answered..

Accepting the award requires the recipient to :

  • share 11 facts about themselves
  • answer the 11 questions written by the person who tagged them 
  • choose 11 more questions
  • tag 11 more bloggers to answer those 11 questions
  •  

    1. 11 facts about me:

    • I can't stand heat.
    • I'm not an early riser (except when I have to be).
    • I love chocolate (doesn't everyone?).
    • My favourite colours are blue and green.
    • Being in touch with trends is not one of my strong points.
    • I daydream a lot.
    • I'm an only child.
    • I talk to myself (a habit developed due to fact #7).
    • Remembering people's names takes me a long time.
    • I'm a cat person (no, really?:) ).
    • I cannot think of one more fact.

    2. Answers to Jenese's questions:

  • When did you start blogging? Almost 2 years ago, so my bloggoversary is coming up!
  • What made you decide to blog? Chronic forgetfulness of book titles and authors' names.
  • What are your goals for blogging? Minimal: keep blogging.
  • What is best thing that's happened to you since you starting blogging? Meeting some great blogging friends and authors.
  • What is your all-time favourite book? The Lord of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
  • What is the one book/series that you would suggest to me? The Lord of The Rings of course, but since you don't seem to be into fantasy so much as I am, and you like romance, you would probably enjoy Lessons in Love trilogy by Suzanne Enoch.
  • Where do you receive your ARC's or do you only purchase your own? Living outside US/Can/UK means not many free bookish things, so buying is the thing to do. Or waiting and borrowing from the library.
  • Who is your all-time favourite author? There are a few Tolkien, Nora Roberts, Kate Mosse…
  • Where is your favourite place to read? My bed.
  • What is the greatest blogging advice that you have received so far? Be yourself and blog because/if you enjoy it. Don't force yourself to be something you are not or do something that doesn't feel right. But these go for life in general not just for blogging.
  • To lighten it up, Magic Mike comes out Friday (yahh)...who would you cast in your movie? :-) Oh, yeah! ;) I saw the trailer the other day and this is something I must see. As for who would I cast, I'm sure I could come up with some names, but I'm perfectly fine with the cast as it is.
  • 3. My questions:

    I'm cheating a little and posting the questions I wrote for another tag in the spring which no one answered, so why not use them again and save myself some time and energy.

  • Which fictional character would you be and why?
  • Which is your favourite animal?
  • If you could live in any time and place in history, apart from the present, when and where would it be and why?
  • What is one thing you are not good at but you wish you were?
  • If you could write (and enforce) any law, what would it be?
  • Do you remember the first book you bought by yourself and which was it?
  • Which was your favourite subject in school?
  • Which recent film would you recommend?
  • Which was the last book that was completely mind-blowing for you?
  • Do you read while eating (or vice versa)?
  • What is your favourite time of day?
  •  

    4. People I'm tagging:

    I'm going to cheat at this point, too, and not tag anyone. Liebster Award is meant for blogs with less than 200 followers. I really don't have time to go around checking the followers count. Also, there are so many wonderful blogs out there I don't want to do injustice to any of them by not selecting them.

    However, if you like tags and would like to do this yourself, feel free to do so. I know it kind of reduces the meaning of an award, but so what – if you put your time and energy in it, you deserve it anyway.

    And thanks again for tagging me with this award, Jenese!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!