Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 – Goals & Updates

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

MY GOALS

Considering my reading this year is crappy, reading every day will suffice as a goal.

What I 'll be reading: Angelology by Danielle Trussoni. One book will be more than enough. I started it a week or so ago and only managed to read on chapter. It was/is interesting and I want to read it but I just somehow can't manage to work the reading into my schedule (my reading this year is completely off, but BoB is usually a good motivation). I'm more than optimistic if I say I hope I might get halfway through it this week.

UPDATES

I’ll also update on Twitter @StrangeNewWords, and you can find me on Goodreads.

Monday, May 13:
Number of pages I've read today: 20
Total number of pages I've read: 20

Tuesday, May 14:
Number of pages I've read today: 19
Total number of pages I've read: 39

Wednesday, May 15:
Number of pages I've read today: 31
Total number of pages I've read: 70

Thursday, May 16:
Number of pages I've read today: 6
Total number of pages I've read: 76

Friday, May 17:
Number of pages I've read today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 76

Saturday, May 18:
Number of pages I've read today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 76

Sunday, May 19:
Number of pages I've read today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 76

WRAP UP:

Total number of pages I've read: 76

I think I reached a new low as far as my Bout of Books are concerned. It was going well until Wednesday, but then things just piled up and I found myself falling in bed each evening without having read anything.

Well, at least I read something in the first half of the week – probably more than I would have without Bout of Books, so that's something. And it got me really interested in the book, so here's to hoping I manage to read more of it this week.

How did your Bout of Books go?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're joining in!!!! I hope you can fit in a little reading every day this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I've read 20 pages so far (nothing to brag about usually, except that it is right now ;)).

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the reading! I have that book and I really need to get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It looks pretty good from the beginning. I like it so far.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your goals. I know I feel unsatisfied if I missed a day of reading even if it is just a few pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, reading, even if just a little, is fulfilling. Unfortunately, lately it's not working for me.

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!