Saturday, August 17, 2013

Come and See My New Blog Design

It took me quite a while, but I did it – a whole new image. I still use blogger template, of course, but I changed my layout to one sidebar a while ago and cleaned away various gadgets.

And now I finally managed to make a new header and a matching button, twitter header and Google+ header.

Yay, I have a header that doesn't mess with my love for changing backgrounds.

Yes, I've given in to Google's monopolising pressure and upgraded to Google+. I guess it will have its advantages.

A quick guide to my rearranged sidebar: At the top you'll first find a search box and a little bit about me.

Next, there are subscription/follow options, I recommend e-mail or rss (feedburner) subscription, but you can also add me to feedly, follow on twitter, goodreads, google+. If you're curious about my TV/film and other obsessions, feel free to check out my tumblr and if you need to contact me, you're welcome to do so via email.

Next, you'll see my current reads and my goodreads challenge progress (which is terrible this year), followed by blog archive.

Feel free to grab my button or check out my labels

At the bottom, you can find our old friend GFC device, which (I think) will sooner or later become history with Google pushing Google+, that's why I moved it down (and the numbers were counter productive on me). I think I'll eventually remove it completely.

And that's it.

What do you think of my new design?

Does the header appropriately express the 'Beyond Strange New Words' idea - all kinds or worlds flying from books?

Oh, and one other change: I implemented AddThis sharing buttons for easier sharing.

Now that I have a brand new look and everything, I only need to get back into reading and posting more regularly. Maybe these changes will be an incentive for me in that aspect as well.

ETA:

So, five minutes after I posted this I decided I am still not happy with it. I went back to tweaking and two hours later I have what you're seeing right now.

And now I'm happy.

Whoa. *wipes sweat of her forehead*.

Tell me what you think?

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I love the white background -- makes it so easy to read. And I think the header is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if I find it easier to read, so will other people. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks fantastic! Love the new header and social media buttons, and the white background. Everything looks so polished! Love it, love it.

    It's making me think of how badly I need to re-do my blog design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aimed at a cleaner look, I'm glad I succeeded. Thank you so much!

      Your blog looks nice and easy to navigate as well. But I guess everyone like a change once in a while.

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!